Thursday, April 21, 2022

Green Wyvern Publication Day

Happy birthday to The Green Wyvern! It's publication day!

Here's the blurb...

Baron Theodus of Sursival arrives at the Green Wyvern Inn to tell his life story. Each night, he returns to regale the townspeople with tales of monsters, treasure, foes, and friends. And when his story is done, he says he will leave his subjects, never to return.

To most people, the baron’s name is Bull. He is a giant of a man. They say the great warrior has never been defeated in battle, but he will tell you those tales are lies. He has come to set the record straight and promises to tell the whole story of his life: victories and losses alike.

Tonight, he will tell the tale of his road to adventure. It starts with a goblin raid that leaves Bull, his sister, and his mother as penniless refugees on a perilous journey. The trials that follow push Bull to the very edge of human endurance.



The Green Wyvern is set in the same world as the five novels of The Orb, however, it takes place five hundred years later. For those who haven't read The Orb, don't worry, you don't need to have read the previous books to thoroughly enjoy The Green Wyvern.

The Green Wyvern was actually born out of a Dungeons and Dragons campaign. A group of my friends joined me for a campaign in which I was the Dungeon Master. I set the game in the world of The Orb (which all of them had read). I thought it would be a blast to run a game in a fantasy world that I'd created. 

I was right. It was awesome. 

The campaign was very story-driven, and as it went on I kept a very careful journal of everything that transpired. Not only that, but my players created an awesome cast of characters. Well, when the campaign ended, I just couldn't let the story go. I had to turn it into a novel. 

No, The Green Wyvern is not simply a log of our D&D adventures. In fact, the story is heavily modified from the campaign. The characters are as well. The way I'd put it is that the book is inspired by our D&D campaign. 

Are there more Green Wyvern novels to come? 

Absolutely? There will be two to three more in the series. And they should come pretty quickly. In fact, I should get back to writing right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment