I know it's been a while since I've written. Everything seems to slow down during the summer. Well, not everything... just writing.
I'm not very good at deadlines. Clearly. More accurately, I'm not very good at predicting progress. If I had real, actual deadlines forced on my by others, I'd probably make more progress.
Procrastination has always been an issue for me.
The good news is that progress is being made. I've done a lot of editing and rewriting of the last few chapters of Shadow of the Knight and I am very close to the finish line. Days away.
What still needs to be done?
1) I need to get this version into the hands of my second round of critique partners.
2) I need to get the next version into the hands of my beta readers.
3) I need to get the final version into the hands of my proofreaders.
How long will this take? I might have mentioned my inability to predict progress above! However, steps two and three are relatively fast.
Here's my goal. I will publish Shadow of the Knight by December 15th.
I have high hopes for Shadow. Two big reasons...
1) It is the third book in a series. This generally bodes very well for novels.
2) I have AWESOME new covers for all three books. REALLY AWESOME. You'll see.
Anyway, the closer I get to the finish line, the more you'll hear from me.
See you soon!