Sunday, November 13, 2011

October Numbers

The real world has been occupying a lot of my time recently. With the end of the first quarter I found myself with a ton of grading and lesson planning needing to be done.

I'm just popping by to report my October Numbers:

October (September, August, July, June, May)
6 (5, 12, 38, 60, 125) Paperbacks sold in person. 

3 (3, 5, 12, 6, 28) Paperbacks sold on Amazon
47 (16, 8, 3, 5, 15) Kindle ebooks
1 (1, 0, 0, 0, 1) Smashwords ebooks
1 (0, 0, 1, 0, 4) Apple ebooks
0 (0, 0, 2, 5, 2) Nook ebooks

Total October Sales: 58

Total sales since release: 415

When I published Eternal Knight six months ago a friend asked me how many books I hoped to sell. 

"A gazillion," I replied. "But five hundred would be cool."

It looks like I'll hit that five hundred mark sometime around the turn of the year. Two things really have me feeling good: 1) the continued positive feedback I am getting from readers. I cannot say enough how rewarding it is to hear nice things said about your book. 2) $.99 ebooks are the way to go. You don't make much money, but it sure gets the book into a lot of hands. The new price definitely caused the Kindle numbers to pop.

Have a good one. I'm going to go grade some tests. And then mow the lawn/leaves. (Mowing leaves sure beats raking them.)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you keep posting your numbers. Continued good luck, Matt, and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete