Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Finally Tally

As my three month Eternal Knight charity period has drawn to a close, it is time to do the finally tally.

July+June+May=Total
38 + 60 + 125 = 223 paperback books sold by me (including a dozen sold by Susan Miller at a Cure-CMD conference). Most of the books were sold at school and at three book signings.
12 + 6 + 28 = 46 paperback books sold on Amazon and CreateSpace.
3 + 5 + 15 = 23 Kindle ebooks sold.
0 + 0 + 1 = 1 Smashwords ebook sold.
0 + 0 + 4 = 4 Apple ebooks sold.
0 + 5 + 2 = 7 Nook ebooks sold.

Total books sold over three months: 304.

Total amount raised for Cure CMD and the Wissahickon Educational Opportunities Foundation: $1,400. I am very happy that I have been able to raise this amount of money for these two great organizations. They both do great work and are worthy of our support.

I am also very pleased by the total number of books sold. As I previously mentioned, some of the numbers have fallen off due to the end of the school year and the loss of initial sales to friends and family.

There are some positive signs, however. Book reviews remain very strong. Eternal Knight now has 21 reviews and is the 27th top rated epic fantasy on Amazon.com. Eternal Knight is also 65th top rated amongst all fantasy genres. I continue to believe that strong sales will follow good reviews.

I also just received an invitation to speak with a large book club. I had a wonderful experience with the first book club I met and can't wait for this second opportunity.

Back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Great news all around. Congrats on raising a heft sum for your charities. I agree, sales will follow the good reviews. I've also heard that book two often increases sales of book one... hint, hint. *winks* :D

    ReplyDelete