Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shadow of the Knight Progress Report

Hello All!

Dropping by to let you know how I am progressing with Shadow of the Knight. As it turns out, things are going very well. I just passed the 30,000 word mark and have been doing very well meeting my writing goals.

As with Child of the Knight, I've put together a spreadsheet (click it to see a bigger image) to keep me on track:


The first five thousand words were a struggle. I wrote and re-wrote chapter one several times. I finally found the right voice and got the ball rolling. Every day I record my starting and ending word counts, which automatically generates more data. I get: word count for the day, words until finished (approx), average words per day, days until finished (words until finished divided by average word count), and projected finish date.

I've added colorful "badges" as a visual reward (or punishment).

RED= zero words
Yellow= 1 to 499
White= 500 to 999
Blue= 1,000 or more.

Come on BLUE!

I am trying very hard to write every day. Missed the mark on Sunday, but I'm back in the saddle. I would love to get the average over 1,000 a day. I'm close.

Well, back to writing. This post isn't helping my word count!



No comments:

Post a Comment