Friday, February 8, 2013

Guest Review - The Lightning Thief


Today we have a guest review from my daughter, Amelia...

-->
My name is Amelia and I am nine years old. My favorite subjects are history and science. I also LOVE reading! Before this school year I never really read much at all. My classmate Robert said that he loved reading The Lightning Thief. It looked very interesting so I checked it out at my school library. Which brings me to this review…


Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1:
The Lightning Thief

Twelve-year-old Percy Jackson is on the most dangerous quest of his life. With the help of a satyr and a daughter of Athena, Percy must journey across the United States to catch a thief who has stolen the original weapon of mass destruction – Zeus’ master bolt. Along the way, he must face a host of mythological enemies determined to stop him. Most of all, he must come to terms with a father he has never known, and an Oracle that has warned him of betrayal by a friend.



-From the back cover

Characters: Percy Jackson is a twelve year old who goes to a reform school. He has ADHD and dyslexia and always seemed to get in trouble. I loved the way he solved problems. He was very clever ands smart. Annabeth is Percy’s friend. Her mom is Athena (goddess of wisdom). Annabeth is very smart. Her weapon is a special knife that can kill monsters. Percy’s protector is a satyr (half man, half goat); satyrs help protect soon to be demigods from monsters.

Setting: I love the setting! It is mordern day New York City and it’s mixed with Ancient Greece. Some of the places are mordern day tourist attractions but they have a Greek secret hidden in them!

Genre: It is a mixture of fantsy and Greek mytholgy. It has lots of adventure and magic.

I would give this book 10/10 or 5 stars! It is a young adult novel, but I think anybody can enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I really feel that most word processors are distracting... Happy to have found this new INK for ALL content tool because of its offline functionality, Dark theme, non-disruptive fullscreen http://bit.ly/2DWi1K9

    ReplyDelete