Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What I've Been Reading

The Road, by Cormac McCarthy

The Road might just be the best book I have ever read. It is gripping, grim, and wonderfully written. If dark isn't your thing, you might want to pass. Everyone else must read this book.

Funeral Games, by Christian Cameron

This is the third book in Cameron's Tyrant series. I've loved the entire series. Cameron does a wonderful job making the third century BC come alive. He writes the best historical fiction I have ever read. Funeral Games follows the story of the twin children of Kineas (the primary protagonist of the first two novels).

Lamb
, by Christopher Moore

A very funny, very irreverent book about the "missing years" of Jesus Christ's life. I loved it. It isn't anti-religion, but I could see how a very religious person could be offended by it. Despite it's irreverence, it is very sympathetic to Jesus' life and message.

No comments:

Post a Comment